List of master limited partnerships in alphabetical order. Most are in the oil and gas industry.
Master Limited Partnerships
List of the major pipeline MLPs, preceded by their stock ticker symbol.
Primarily Natural Gas
- APL - Atlas Pipeline Partners. Gathering,
processing, transport using pipelines.
- BWP - Boardwalk. Pipelines and storage
- DEP - Duncan Energy Partners. Pipelines.
- DPM - DCP Midstream. Gathering, processing,
transport using pipelines.
- EPB - El Paso Pipeline. Pipelines.
- KGS - Quicksilver Gas. Gathering, processing.
- MWE - MarkWest Energy. Pipelines and processing.
- OKS - Oneok Partners, LP. Pipelines and
- RGNC - Regency Energy. Gathering, processing,
transport using pipelines.
- SEP - Spectra. Pipelines.
- NGLS - Targa Resources. Pipelines and
- TCLP - TC Pipelines, LP. Pipelines.
- WPZ - Williams Partners. Gathering, processing,
Gulf of Mexico gathering.
- WMZ - Williams Pipeline. Pipelines.
Primarily Oil and Oil Products
- BPL - Buckeye Partners. Pipelines.
- HEP - Holly Energy Partners. Pipelines and
- MMP - Magellan Midstream Partners LP. Pipelines
and marine terminals.
- MMLP - Martin Midstream. Pipelines, terminals,
- PAA - Plains All Pipeline, LP. Pipelines,
- SGLP - SemGroup L.P. Pipelines, terminals,
- SXL - Sunoco Logistics. Pipelines, terminals,
Oil, Natural Gas, Coal, Gasoline
- TCLP - TC Pipelines.
- EEP - Enbridge Energy Partners. Gathering,
pipelines, processing. U.S. assets of ENB/
- ENB - Enbridge Corp. Gathering, pipelines,
processing. Canada's biggest.
- EROC - Eagle Rock Energy Partners, L.P.
Gathering, pipelines, E&P (exploration & production)
- ETP - Enery Transfer Partners. Pipelines, retail
- EPD - Enterprise Products Partners, LP.
Pipelines (offshore, onshore)
- GEL - Genesis Energy. Pipelines and processing.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. (KMP). Pipelines, coal
- NS - NuStar Energy, LP. Pipelines.
- TLP - TransMontaigne. Terminals, storage,
- WMB - Williams Companies, Inc. Gathering,
pipelines, processing, E&P
- APU - Amerigas Partners, LP. Retail propane
- ATN - Atlas Energy Resources, LLC
- BBEP - BreitBurn Energy Partners, L.P.
- DMLP - Dorchester Minerals, LP. Acquisition,
ownership, and administration of producing and
non-producing natural gas and crude oil royalty, net
profits, and leasehold interests in the United
- FGP - Ferrellgas Partners. Distribution and
sales of propane and equipment.
- Inergy, L.P. (NRGY) - Retail marketing, sale, and
distribution of propane to residential, commercial,
industrial, and agricultural customers.
- KSP - K-Sea Transportation Partners, L.P. marine
transportation, distribution, and logistics services
for refined petroleum products in the United States.
- Linn Energy, LLC (LINE). Not an MLP but a
public LLC with partnership tax status. Generates
schedule K-1 tax form. It is an independent oil and
natural gas company, engages in the acquisition and
development of oil and gas properties.
- SPH - Suburban Propane Partners, LP. Retail
marketing and distribution of propane, fuel oil, and
refined fuels, and the marketing of natural gas and
electricity in the United States.
- SGU - Star Gas Partners, LP. Home heating oil
distributor and services.
- XTEX - Crosstex Energy. Gathering, processing of
- TOO - Teekay Offshore Partners LP. provides
marine transportation and storage services to the
offshore oil industry
Natural Resource MLPs.
- ARLLP - Alliance Resource Partners (coal)
- CRPP.OB - Crown Pacific (timber)
- NRP - Natural Resource Partners (coal)
- PVR - Penn Virginia Resource Partnership (coal, timber,
- POPEZ - Pope Resources (timber)
- TNH - Terra Nitrogen Company, L.P. (nitrogen fertilizer products)
Real Estate MLPs
- AFREZ - America First RE Investments
- ACP - American Real Estate Partners
- HTL - Heartland Partners
- IGC - Interstate General
- NEN - New England Realty
- AB - AllianceBernstein Holding L.P. and its
subsidiaries provide investment management and
related services to institutional, retail, and
private clients in the United States and
- FUN - Cedar Fair, LP. owns and operates
amusement and water parks in the United States and
Canada. The company owns 11 amusement parks.
- STON - StonMor Partners engages in the ownership
and operation of cemeteries in the United States.
The company operates in two segments, Cemetery
Operations and Funeral Homes
Alerian MLP Select Index - Tracking index for MLPs.
The Alerian MLP
Index (“Index”) is a market-cap weighted, float-adjusted
index created to provide a comprehensive benchmark for
investors to track the performance of the energy MLP
Wells Fargo Composite MLP Index.
Sustainable Canadian Energy Income index
- The Index is designed to combine the most profitable
and liquid Canadian royalty trusts with the most highly
focused and fastest growing oil sands producers using a
tactical asset allocation model based on the trend in
crude oil prices.
MLP Tracking Indexes
AMJ - JP Morgan Alerian MLP Index (ETN). Follows the
Alerian MLP Index. Pays variable quarterly dividends
based on the MLP distributions. The dividends are
reported on 1099 form (rather than K-1 form). 0.85%
expense ratio. The ETN matures 24 May 2024.
AMLP - Alerian MLP ETF.
ENY - Canadian Energy Income Index. Tracks the
sustainable Canadian Energy Income index. 0.65% expense
MLPG - An ETN that tracks natural gas infrastructure
Alerian Natural Gas MLP Index. 0.85% expense ratio.
Issues 1099 tax form (rather than K-1 forms)
MLPI - (ETN). Tracks Alerian MLP Infrastructre index. 0.85% expense
MLPN - (ETN). Follows Cushing 30 index; primarily
midstream energy assets. 0.85% expense
YMLP - (ETF). Yorkville Hi Income MLP. 0.82% expense ratio.
Not MLPs but are associated with them. They generate a 1099 instead of K-1 tax forms.
Enbridge Energy Management, LLC (EEQ) - operates as a limited
partner of Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P. that owns and operates
crude oil and liquid petroleum transportation and storage assets
in the United States.
Kinder Morgan Management, LLC (KMR) - holds interests
in Kinder Morgan Energy Partners.
Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI) - owns and operates energy
transportation and storage assets in the United States
Linn Co, LLC. (LNCO) - Focuses on the development and
acquisition of oil and natural gas properties in the
United States. It intends to hold interests in various
properties located primarily in the Mid-Continent,
Hugoton Basin, Green River Basin, Permian Basin,
Michigan/Illinois, California, Williston/Powder River
Basin, and East Texas.
These have very high expense ratios.
KYE - Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund. A closed end
ETF. We will
invest in equity securities such as common stocks preferred stocks convertible securities warrants
depository receipts and equity interests in MLPs MLP affiliates royalty trusts and other Energy Companies.
They issue 1099s instead of K-1s. 1.90% expense ratio.
FMO - Fiduciary/Claymore MLP Opportunity Fund
KED - Energy Development
KYN - Kayne Anderson MLP Investments
TYY - Tortoise Energy Capital
TYG - Energy Infrastructure
TTO - Capital Resources
MTP - MLP & Strategic Equity
FEN - Energy Income and Growth
SRV - Cushing MLP Total Return
All about MLPs - In depth analysis of master limited
partnerships: advantages, disadvantages, due
diligence, risks, taxes, and much more.
Looking for information to learn more about the risks/rewards of MLPs.
henry tucker on 2011-03-09 12:50:04
Been looking for this for two years
Ron Keller on 2011-04-14 17:51:12
Very valuable information.
Jean Howard on 2012-06-16 13:35:51
What is the easiest way of investing in MLPs? Is a minimum investment required? If so, what is that amount? Can one invest via auto payroll withdrawals?
Annette A. Barry on 2012-10-12 15:02:08
I thing via ETNs or ETFs as most report income on a 1099 rather than K-1s. They are available through your stockbroker.
doug on 2012-10-15 11:08:03
WHY IS TNH-TERRA- NOT ON THIS LIST?
SINCERELY AND THANKS!
BOB YEAGER on 2012-10-23 10:15:54
TNH: It is; under Natural Resource MLPs
slsdoug on 2012-10-23 14:12:10
I suggest adding LNCO, KMR and KMI to the list of Associations. Also, KMP issues a K-1 to unit holders.
Dave on 2012-11-18 20:17:22
I suggest adding LNCO, KMI and KMR to the list Associations. Also, KMP issues a K-1 to unit holders.
Dave on 2012-11-18 20:19:29
I already own some mlps, I find them the most interesting stocks mainly because of the difference in taxing , and the large dividends.
Ron Keller on 2013-01-22 14:50:23
This list is perfect. Thanks for pulling it together.
Chris on 2013-02-09 19:21:23
This list is perfect. Thanks for pulling it together.
Chris on 2013-02-09 19:21:48
just starting to look into mlp energy funds.I need a lot of help
JOHN STANWYCKS on 2014-07-08 11:53:40
please update this list. thanks.
nag on 2014-07-12 13:42:43
I'm trying to learn to be a better investor. Thanks. Looked a long time for this info. LE
Lillian Eminhizer on 2014-12-27 15:12:31
Add a comment
All fields are required. Email will not be published.